School Diversity Week
Our Westleigh family is at its best when everyone is included and difference is celebrated.
Nationally, did you know that:
· 45% of LGBT+ students are bullied
· 40% of LGBT+ students aren't taught anything about LGBT+ issues in school
· 40% of bullied LGBT+ students skip school
· 52% of LGBT+ students report that bullying has negatively impacted their future educational plans
· 84% of trans students and 61% of lesbian, gay and bi have self harmed
· 45% of trans students and 22% of LGB students have attempted to take their own life
By promoting LGBT+, you are providing students with a voice.
To support this, students are completing 5 activities that help to promote diversity. There are loads of things they can do - check the suggestions below
Complete FIVE activities to receive your WoWSER badge
Be a Winner of the Westleigh Schools Enrichment Reward
Pick at least 5 activities and show your Form Tutor before the end of Diversity week. We would also love to share what you have been
doing, so please take a picture and email to
Page updated: 22/06/2021