A strong Parent/Teacher Association operates within The Westleigh School and all parents are welcome to attend.
The aim of the Association is to establish a closer co-operation between parents and school for the greater benefit of our students.
Our school PTA meet once per half term and all parents are welcome to attend.
See our PTA News blog below where you will see the most recent discussions and resulting actions as well as any upcoming social and fund raising activities.
Future meetings – taking place in J block
- 9th November 2022, 6:00pm
October 2022 PTA news
Thank you to our new members who joined us this year!
- School update
Mr Lamoury welcomed the returning and new PTA members and gave them an update. We ran todays meeting in our brand new canteen so the parents can see the new facilities first hand. The next step will be for the school to roll out an APP so that students can pre-order some food and avoid queuing should they wish to.
The next wave of school update will bring some improvements to our changing rooms over in PE.
- Preloved uniform
The PTA sold some preloved uniform at the Summer Fayre in July for a small donation. The PTA are keen to carry on receiving donations across this academic year and would like to hold drop ins once per half term where parents can come and give a small donation in return for items of uniform that have been preloved but still in excellent condition. Watch this space and our school facebook page for advertisements over the coming weeks. The Summer Fayre made a profit of £1800 overall.
- Fundraising ideas
The PTA are very keen to raise money that can be used in school to better the experiences of all students. They came up with some great ideas that will raise money without parents needing to spend a lot of money, their ideas included; own clothes days with a donation of money or food items, Christmas Hamper raffles, Bingo nights, Form competitions, sSchool discos amongst others. Over the coming weeks the PTA are going to be looking for donations from the hampers from our Westleigh families.
- Rewards system
Mr Lamoury shared with the PTA the new school rewards system. Parents are liking the new system and that their children are getting rewarded so regularly in school.
Our next meeting will take place on Wednesday 9th November, we always welcome new parents to come and join us J
June 2022 PTA News
We had a couple of new members this Month which was great!
- Uniform swap shop - We have had quite a lot of donations for the uniform swop shop. Our year 11 students donated a lot on their last day. The PTA had some staff have been through and catalogued the uniform ready and take some away to wash and press ready for the summer Fayre taking place on Saturday 15th.
The PTA are hoping for more donations at the year 7 parents evening this week.
- Summer Fayre update – Miss Stafford shared with the PTA the plans for the summer Fayre so far which include some exciting additions such as a Giant Inflatable Obstacle course!
The PTA have gone away to see if they can get local business’ and restaurants to make donations for the raffle. How exciting!!
- School synergy – Our PTA parents are loving school synergy and being “Big Brother”! They are loving being able to see how their children are getting on in school on a daily basis.
They are very keen that all parents get access to the site as quickly as possible and are urging parents to contact the school for their codes to access if they couldn’t attend the drop in evenings.
- Rewards – Mrs Cain shared with the PTA the plans for rewards. She has been working with the student council to plan a system that will recognise and reward students more regularly. The students have fed back that they would love some big rewards trips and the PTA have suggested that something could be set up on parent pay to help families save for rewards trips through-out the year. What a great idea! Watch this space J
- Trust Visit – Mr Bramwell shared with the PTA that the trust had sent 4 members to review how the school was getting on. They walked the school, visited lessons, looked in books and spoke to staff and students. The visitors were extremely impressed with what they saw and heard and have sent a lovely feedback letter thanking staff and also one for students.
- Uniform costs – Some PTA members raised the concerns over the price of uniform in particularly the cost of skirts. Mr Bramwell is going to invite the suppliers into school to discuss prices to see if there is anything that can be done.
The dates for the next PTA meetings will be released in September. It would be great to increase numbers in the team. Look out for the PTA at the summer Fayre. See you all there!
May 2022 PTA News
Some exciting items coming out of the PTA meeting this month.
- Summer Fayre – Our Summer Fayre takes place on Saturday 16th July. The PTA are going to be running a uniform shop. For a small donation you will be able to buy items of uniform that are pre-loved and in good condition. Parents are going to be asked if they would like to donate items for the stall.
Mrs Reiersen the schools operations manager will be joining the next PTA meeting to share the full plans for the day including stall and activities taking place ….. watch this space!
- Uniform – The PTA feel like year 11 students should have something slightly different to the rest of the school in the form of a jumper possibly instead of a blazer. Mr Bramwell is going to discuss this with the leadership team and consider any cost implications for parents.
- Rewards – The school council are currently doing a piece of work on rewards. They are looking into what types of rewards students want and what they feel they should be awarded for. Mrs Cain is going to attend the next PTA meeting to give them some feedback on how the school is going to move forward with rewards.
- School synergy – Mr Lamoury logged our PTA members onto the school synergy website. They got to navigate the site and view lots of different information about their child, attendance, lates information, behaviour logs and praise awards. The PTA loved it!
Mr Lamoury is now working on a way of sharing this with all parents :)
- Parents evening – Miss Stafford is going to look into speeding up the sign in desk at parents evening to help parents get a quicker start to their appointments.
April 2022 PTA News
We had a great meeting before Easter with lots of useful discussion and exciting plans moving forward.
- Uniform – we have discussed the price of some of the items of uniform and it has been suggested that the PTA run a uniform swop shop where parents can donate items of uniform that are still in good condition but have been out grown. Then for a small donation parents can purchase these items. We will be discussing this further and putting plans into place at our next PTA meeting in May.
- Fame Jr – The PTA are really impressed at the Fame Jr performance and want to give a special shout out to Ms Fraternale and Mr Dykes who with the help of Jake Y11 and the cast have done an amazing performance!
- Fundraising – The PTA would like to get involved at fundraising to help the school. The school are looking into holding a Summer Fair with the support of the PTA and this will be discussed in out next meeting.
- School Synergy – The school are wanting to improve the way that they communicate with parents. The PTA have been shown the new platform and are going to be the first parents to trial it next month…. Watch this space!
- E Library - The PTA are loving the new E Library, ask your child about it if you have not yet seen it!
We are a new PTA and would welcome more members to join us at out next meeting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join us. Contribute as little or as much as you like in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.