The Westleigh School aims to develop the best in every student through the excellent teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum. Our aim is to provide an environment for learning that is safe, supportive, caring and encourages life-long learning. The curriculum at The Westleigh School follows the statutory requirements of the national curriculum, but also provides wide ranging courses to meet students’ needs. The school aims to ensure that each student’s needs are fully met and that barriers to learning are removed so that each pupil can access the curriculum and reach his/her full potential. All SEND students are provided with full access to the curriculum offer.
At The Westleigh School we aim to promote equality and diversity and tackle any form of discrimination. We seek to remove any barriers to access, participation, attainment and achievement. We will promote community cohesion at school, national and global levels and implement all necessary actions in relation to ethnicity, religion or belief and socio-economic background.
Values and ethos
We encourage students to:
- Reach the highest possible standard in all areas of the curriculum.
- Develop high esteem and the self-confidence to become flexible and adaptable in order to meet the challenges of the modern world.
- Become independent, critical thinkers.
- Respect themselves, others and the environment in which they live.
- Develop self-discipline and take responsibility for their own actions and learning.
The School will provide:
- A stimulating learning environment where students are supported, challenged and encouraged to succeed through a broad balanced curriculum, supported by varied extra-curricular activities.
- Teaching of the highest standard.
- A caring and secure place of learning.
The School will promote:
- A strong and healthy three way partnership between school, home and the wider community.
- An effective and sensitive leadership style, that seeks to develop the potential in all members of the school community.
For more information, please refer to the documents our Curriculum Policy which can be found on the Policies page. You could also contact our Curriculum Lead by emailing email@example.com and addressing your email for the attention of Mr Lamoury